inSight Design problem

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• inSight Design problem

Hello,

I tell you a bothering "bug".
      When you assign a new ID to an object, you may assign it up to a certain limit (maximum ID number). Suppose that the max ID is 230.
      What happens if you want to change it to number 900?

You must assign an object the max ID, and then inSight increments the max ID in steps of 20 numbers (say, 230, 250, 270, and so on).

In the previous situation, you must enter EVERY step up to be over 900 to change the ID.

This is really annoying, and I consider it a design error.
      We are using the inSight 3.5 version.

Hope the arcplan people will change this for the next version.

Juan
    • RE: inSight Design problem

Hi jclevien,

well, it depends. If you build a report e.g., it's not important what ID the objects have. Just create them and use them.

If you build a rather big application and if you want to have the basic objects to have allways the same IDs, then - that's what we do - build a master document with all the correctly formatted and numbered objects and perhaps even use "self made" library-objects. Every time you need a new document, copy it from the master document and add your additional objects for what ever you want to display. Don't forget to start with the same object-id (e.g. 100) for the new, specific objects so that you have room to change the layout of your master document later and add the missing objects in your existing documents.

Best greetings to Argentina!! I'm a Brit - hope it doesn't matter! :D
      dynaKing

The torture never stops

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von dynaKing ()

Hi dynaKing,

Good workaround. Even with your solution, I believe that the arcplan crew had to make, at least, a spinnner or a text box or whatever, to let the user choose the max ID number. And force the user to not pass to a certain limit, say, ID 10000.

For me it doesn't matter your are a Brit. I believe you are telling that because of the Falkland conflict. Really, I was not the conflict author, and I believe you weren't, so I think we have nothing to hate.

It's the same thing, for example, if you are Jewish and hate all the Germans because of the Second War massacre they did. Things have changed, world is changing.

Personally, I do not classify people by their nationality. I try to realize what their values are, especially as a person. As Einstein said, nationalism is a childhood illness.

Well, enough reflexions for now. This is a tech forum, hehe... :)

Ah... I forgot. Thank you for your receivement!!!

Juan

Hi jclevien,

was just a silly joke! Full ack what you wrote.

Back zu the thread: We have some documents that have IDs over a 1000. But we have only about 500 objects running in it. The missing ID came from redeveloping and bug fixing.

I bet there's a limit to the ID. Pehaps 32,000 and some odds. Looking at Arcplans philosophy towards dyna- / in- sight, the ID of an object is secondary. Coming from the traditional programming side, using named variables, it takes a while to get used to it. Especialy when you have to document the report or just want to read the code in an object, these numbers get on your nerves if you didn't write some comments between the lines.

So, if you start coding, write the documentation of the steps first and then put the coding in between. Just a hint. Otherwise you will forget what you've programmed!

cheers
      dynaKing

The torture never stops

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von dynaKing ()