LDAP to validate password

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• LDAP to validate password

Does anyone know how to validate an user against an LDAP server? Here is what I have done so far on version 5:

1. I have created an ldap.apc
      Only the server ip is visible on the "tables" side, and nothing is seen on the "table fields" side of the databases window.
      By the way, it looks strange that the username to use when prompted is something like "uid=myself,ou=my_department,o=my_company"

2. I can read values from ldap using the calculation function LDAPREADVALUE as in this example:
      LDAPREADVALUE ( 172.22.2.93 ; "uid=336696,ou=People,ou=Employees,o=my_company"
      ; "mail" ; TEXT ; TARGETENTRY ; "(cn=*)")

What I would like to do is the following

a) prompt for a user and password
      b) encrypt the password apropiatedly
      c) question the ldap server and receive an status code ("valid" or "not valid")

Does anyone have an answer to b) and/or c)?
    • RE: LDAP to validate password

In terms of b) I suggest SSL on the protocol level. For c), this depends on your LDAP store and if/how you can retrieve or validate passwords.
      expatriate

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done" - Henry Ford

Thanks expatriate,

the real question in b) is how do I encrypt user's input to fit the ldap server encryptation method and be able to send it over the net. There exists an "ENCRYPTUSERPASSWORD" function but I guess there is no use for it here. Any hints?

I am awaiting a response from the team in charge of running the ldap services in my company for the c) part. At this point anyone who could share how it is set-up on his own company (an special function or ldapreadvalues standard function?) would help to have some light.

Thanks again!!

The appropriate encryption method is also needed from your LDAP group, you won't be able to do that with arcplan means.

What's the overall goal? Do you want to control the process more compared to just using the standard authentication against the server?
      expatriate

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done" - Henry Ford